FOR ALL WEBINARS:
Most webinars are $35. All webinars require payment via credit card at the time of registration.
FOR LIVE WEBINARS:
Live Webinars are offered on a specific date at a specific time. Most of our live webinars are hosted using Zoom. We use both the meeting and webinar features, so depending on which one we use, you may or may not be able to see other attendees and verbally participate. As always, you have the option to not show your video on all live webinars. Registration closes at 5pm the day before the scheduled webinar. You will receive an email confirmation. Attendees can cancel their webinar registration up to 48 hours prior to the session for a full refund. Recording Waiver: Many of the NERSC webinars will be recorded and used for an on-demand library to provide training to other housing professionals. NERSC applies for NASW CEUs for all live webinars. In order to receive a NERSC Certificate of Attendance and/or NASW CEU Certificate, you must take a feedback survey and select the correct code.
FOR ON-DEMAND WEBINARS:
On-demand webinars are previously recorded webinars (often from our live webinar offerings) that you can purchase and watch at a time that is convenient for you. Since the library is in chronological order according to upcoming dates, you'll be able to find them displayed towards the bottom of the page. These are done on YOUR schedule and you have 90 days to start the training once you've purchased it. Because these are previously recorded, you don't show your video and you cannot interact. We are unable to offer NASW CEUs for these sessions. You will receive a NERSC Certificate of Attendance once you complete the test and pass with 80%.
Questions? Please call 508-863-0020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Webinars Supported by:
- On Your OwnOn-Demand WebinarOn Your OwnOn-Demand WebinarSurvivors of gender based violence are often vulnerable to housing and financial instability. Domestic violence is not always easily identifiable. This workshop will provide a general overview on recognizing survivors and honoring their needs, while providing non-judgmental and empowering support.
- On Your OwnOn-Demand WebinarOn Your OwnOn-Demand WebinarDe-escalation is a complex task which requires keen awareness, analysis, and implementation in a matter of seconds for any given scenario. This workshop is designed to discuss the research around aggressive behaviors and where and when we might or might not have influence to de-escalate a situation.
- Staying Connected: Planning for the Future of Resident Services with Tom Stokes & Kim Pietrorazio (1.5 hours)On Your OwnOn-Demand Webinar
- On Your OwnOn-Demand Webinar
- On Your OwnOn-Demand WebinarOn Your OwnOn-Demand WebinarThis session is designed to invite reflection that leads us to understand the principles of wellness that bring us comfort and balance, and protect us from breaking. It is a time to ask questions that are on your mind so we can move beyond our weariness to living joyfully again.
- On Your OwnOn-Demand WebinarOn Your OwnOn-Demand WebinarThis workshop will explore loss and grief and how it affects individuals physically, emotionally, behaviorally and spiritually through this broader lens. Learn ways to support the grieving process in your communities, especially in light of the traumatic losses communities have faced with COVID-19.
- Time is TBDOn-Demand WebinarTime is TBDOn-Demand WebinarGoogle Forms allows you to collect information from your residents via a personalized form and automatically connects to a spreadsheet for all your needs. You will learn how to use Google Forms to turn your paper applications digital, making it simple for your residents to fill out applications.
- Time is TBDOn-Demand WebinarTime is TBDOn-Demand WebinarDo you want to gain a greater understanding of the Resident Service Budget and how it fits into the larger overall property budget? Join us in a "budgeting tour" to explore how the budget process works, and how you can have a say in the Resident Service budgeting process.
- Assessing and Enhancing the Cognitive Reserve to Promote Healthy Aging with Barbara Colombo, Ph.D. (1 hour)Time is TBDOn-Demand WebinarTime is TBDOn-Demand WebinarThe Cognitive Reserve has been proved to influence healthy aging. By creating activities that can increase a resident’s CR and overall well-being, we can also decrease social isolation. In this session, participants will learn how to assess CR and select CR-boosting activities for their residents.
- Time is TBDOn-Demand WebinarTime is TBDOn-Demand WebinarRefugees are invited guests to America with documentation and access to social service benefits, housing & employment. This presentation seeks to showcase reality for refugees, and foster knowledge among participants on how they can better serve this vulnerable and hard-to-reach population.
- Rocking the Kitchen to Engage Happy Healthy Residents (Ways to fight food insecurities) with Becky Arbella (1 hour)Time is TBDOn-Demand WebinarTime is TBDOn-Demand WebinarCreate innovative events and programs that can teach residents about saving money, understanding nutrition, reading labels, and saving time preparing meals as a means of engaging and empowering residents in fighting food insecurities. You will learn about various FREE programs.
- Time is TBDOn-Demand WebinarTime is TBDOn-Demand WebinarSubstance abuse and misuse among older people is often overlooked, mistaking the symptoms for those of dementia, depression, or other problems common to older adults. Learn aboutthe effects of these medications on the aging brain and body and the differences between symptoms of addiction and aging.
- Time is TBDOn-Demand Webinar
- Time is TBDOn-Demand WebinarTime is TBDOn-Demand Webinarwe will explore the challenges and prevalence of mental illnesses and how they relate to your role in housing. We will challenge the stigma surrounding mental illness and attendees will learn how to feel more comfortable interacting with residents who have mental health challenges.
- Time is TBDOn-Demand Webinar
- Time is TBDOn-Demand WebinarTime is TBDOn-Demand WebinarJeff McKenna, an RSC, will share how a community put their emergency plans into action following a recent damaging storm, that included vulnerable residents at his housing development/s. We will also hear from Meghan Manke, Emergency Management Director from the town of Newington, CT.
- Time is TBDOn-Demand WebinarTime is TBDOn-Demand WebinarDomestic violence often occurs in isolation and can often be hard to detect. There are often signs to look out for when one person is exerting power and control over another and placing family members in danger. This course will discuss ways to recognize and support victims of domestic violence.
- Capitalizing on Remote Learning Opportunities for Residents and Staff with Loretta Marino Sanford/Natalie Sanford (1 hr)Time is TBDOn-Demand Webinar